Thread: Race Tyres 2019
View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2020, 06:49 PM   #43
yuengling910
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Will

Motorcycle(s): 09 R6, 14 Ninja 300

I've been doing some research on race tires for a Ninja 300. I currently race an R6 but have decided to give the little bike a try this year. I'll be racing with WERA and maybe a few CCS rounds.

The bike currently has Pirelli Rosso Corsa II's with a 150/60 rear. I rode the bike this weekend (the bike is my Wife's, this is the first time I've really spent much time on it) at Jennings and was not very happy with the rear tire/setup. The bike has a GSXR shock swap. The bike would slide a lot mid corner when I would start applying throttle. I played around with the damping settings on the shock and nothing really helped. I tried changing rear tire pressure from ~28 - 31 PSI hot off the track. I left the track assuming it was a setup/suspension issue.

While searching today, I found an old post on this forum saying that the Corsa II in a 150 had a W speed rating and was not a good choice for a 300. Has anyone had any similar experience with this tire?

I'm leaning towards trying a set of Supercorsa SC's (I run Pirelli's on my R6 and like them) or possibly the Bridgestone R11's with the hope of getting some more rear traction (I felt pretty good with the Rosso II front). If I'm still having similar issues I guess I'll start looking a little closer at the suspension set up.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
yuengling910 is offline   Reply With Quote