View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2011, 10:52 AM   #46
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

There isnt a replacement for displacement (negating boost or n20) to be as cliche as possible. even with significant mods the 250 motor will be just what it is, a capable motor in its class.

Adding a 500 motor is logical for those who want to play with the bike. People always told me I should swap in a 4V 4.6 or buy a Cobra when I was chasing the 600rwhp mark in my Mustang. I sure could have but I wanted to do it with my car and my motor. I succeded and it was very rewarding and informative.

The same goes here. I would really like to see a kit developed and a streamlined process created to allow this to be a common step for those looking to up the ante without stepping onto a new bike. I would love to start this if I had a spare Ninja and a motor as I have everything I would need to accomplish this.

Matt & Chadwick, are the mounts used easy to manufacture? What about some other details about the swap? I'm sure with a collaborative effort a kit could come together that you could sell.

As for me I would only do this to say I did. I always have something else with more power if I desire to use it. The Ninja is perfect for what it is and what I use it for.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote