View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2011, 05:11 PM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlue1 View Post
Wow. Still no help from the seller on proper install?
I wonder how many many times customers have to ask?
Matt's usually pretty busy and probably expects more people to be comfortable with taking the brake lines off and re-reouting them without the holder (the video wasn't some official installation instructions so the assumptions were my doing). He's only one guy. Not only that, the GB thread wasn't exactly the "support" thread, hence, I made this one.

The shipment was mishandled by the people who re-packed it at a port (customs?) and the ones that didn't test-fit were replaced. I believe he test fit it as in he made sure that it wouldn't crack when flexed wide enough to slip on, but it has to be flexed more to get everything else done (brake caliper re-attached, etc), which he likely didn't do for each one. He did promise to take care of me if it actually cracked. As far as I can tell it's just the paint and I'm OK with that (it's really not that noticable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by csviegas View Post
I'm having the exact same problems as you. These pieces are not fitting properly. The top part of the hugger does not sit flush with the bottom without touching the tire, which is stock. I spent about an hour trying to find an alignment that works to no avail. The bottom black part has already cracked at the center from trying to put it on the bike. The curved part near the center has hairline cracks too. The swingarm part is bending just like yours. You can tell the fiberglass was not cured fully since I can see the individual strands where it cracked. This was definately not test fitted before shipment. I have taken it off for now. I am very dissapointed. I was really looking forward to this after such a long wait.
Well, I didn't install the hugger piece yet (I have no drill), so I don't know about that, but I thought you could fit a larger tire without contact just by drilling a little farther forward and/or adding washers to raise it slilghtly in the back.

I'd be glad to write some good English instructions for Matt to use if I could get the proper procedures myself.

Last futzed with by CZroe; April 10th, 2011 at 07:18 PM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote