View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2021, 11:48 AM   #104
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old3 View Post
You are vey wrong, and I never advised on a death grip. Again, if he knew the answers, and can't accept ideas outside of his own prejudices, why even ask? You seem to be stuck there also. The advice I gave works in certain circumstances that I'll guess you don't understand. I did, very politely, explain those on the first page

I even gave him advice on how to get more experience crashing safely.

You resort to name calling BS, I was channeling the Jerky Boys, and had the similie there to note the kidding in my comments.

You said you crash a lot, how many years riding/racing do you have in experience? You seem to believe you know it all, I gave advice for a specific crash tactic in specific circumstances answering a question with no detail at all.

You know my actual age like you know me, not at all.
I have not read the rest of this 3rd page in this thread just to the post I have quoted above and I really dont intend to get involved with the "spirited exchange of opinions" that this discussion had become, but there is one question my brain keeps asking and I must know the answer.

Have you crashed so many times that you know for 100% sure how the bike will react? You speak of a specific situation where your technique will be some advantage while crashing. Look at the crash Mark Marquez had that broke his arm and nearly ended his career. I would wager both of my Ducatis that MM has crashed more than you and has the most experienced and knowlegable coaches on the planet advising him. He lets go of the 380lb missile and lets the safety gear do its job. With the best riders in the world disagreeing with you, your position requires more evidence that there is an actual technique there or just lucky in your experiences.

When you are riding (street or track) your brain is busy working the controls and avoiding hazzards. Once things go suddenly sideways as they say, you think that riders have time to perfectly assess that this is the "right" type of crash to apply your technique or would it just be safer 99% of the time to part company with the bike and protect the asset that does not get repaired by bolting new pieces on? Again, not looking to fight just need to know how you teach a rider the analyze the crash in 1000th of a second and determine what is better? I cant find a single expert that recommends staying with the bike/holding on during a crash and everyone I have read/talked to, says get away from the bike.

I realize that I may not be understanding your position but I have read and reread the above posts and you dont seem to have explained it any better even after CSmith's post requesting you use another analogy to describe the exact position you are defending. Please let me know exactly when I would use your technique and how to properly identify the exact type of crash I would apply this knowledge to as I want to improve but only verifiable and repeatable results merit further investigation
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote