View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2022, 01:47 PM   #1
cpayton0
Diabetus

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250

98 pregen with 09 newgen swap

Hello All! So back in August, I was gifted a nonrunning 98 250 in Red missing most of the farings. It was sitting outside and did not have the valve cover on it. The story was it was given to him by a friend who went into the army, that friend said it ran but took the valve cover off to do maintenance and never got around to finishing it. No Key, No Title, Ran the VIN and it is clean with no record of thefts.

I dive into the engine and noticed a valve spring was missing, pulled the cams out, and noticed the hole in the wall between the springs. Turns out two valves came loose from the springs and punched holes in the piston and snapped the rod into three pieces. went further down to find out if a rebuild was possible but even the bottom case was shot with chunks out of the inner case.

|

So I decided to go for a new engine but finding one for a pregen has been difficult, so I found a running newgen 2009 with 10k miles for 600. here we are It just arrived and UPS dropped it, damaged the valve cover and possibly some pieces of the cover went down into the engine because I cannot find them lol.
Besides the shipping issue engine is super clean and looks to be in good shape.

I know certain parts such as front mounts, radiator, and exhaust all need changed, but is there any difference with the coil packs in terms of specs?

As well any suggestions as to what yall think ill need is helpful, currently working on a bracket for the radiator so I can use the pregen one since I have it.
cpayton0 is offline   Reply With Quote