View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2023, 09:58 AM   #16
Shafer
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja ex250 blue and 07 Ninja black

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Odd, what version of phone OS & Google Maps are you using?

I've accidentally found out Google Maps works with GPS-only signal while on flight between S.F. and Phoenix. Airplane mode was ON, so Wifi and cellular was OFF. Noticed plane was following some highway below to get around Edwards AFB. Pulled up Google Maps and wow! It shows live scrolling map of plane's position over hwy 40!

Then it cut over to hwy 10 at Lake Havasu

@Shafer, do you know if Scenic will work with GPS-only signal? I ride in lots of areas without cell-service. Thx
Yes Scenic works without cell coverage, you will need to subscribe either yearly or lifetime and use your credits to get offline maps.

I use offline maps all the time works well, also has points of interest offline like restaurants, fuel, lodging ect.

Version 3.5 coming out this summer is going to have off road tracks and traffic data over lays, better Google map imports ect. Sorry pretty much the biggest fan of the Scenic app. I've used so many motorcycle geared navigation apps but the power planner in Scenic is worth every cent!

Another perk, because I subscribed I get 20% off Quadlock purchases, discount code is in the app.
Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.