Old May 4th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #140
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Name: Byron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ex250 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
Fair enough.

Agreed. Alignment is perfect and very sturdy. I like the new fuel rail but with the new boots, which i also love, the throttlebody comes very close to the engine. Not a negative. It just surprised me and forced me to reroute some of the fuel lines as well. This took the bulk of the time.

I also noticed that too. The new boots are uber secure. I was concerned before, but definitely not anymore.

It took me about 4 hours as well to put it together. Hardest part was figuring out where I wanted to route the fuel lines. It would be easier if the K&N wasnt so bulky. It started right up. Havent had a chance to take it out but this should be a fun weekend. Those of you doing the swap, this would be a good opportunity to lube and grease up your throttle cables.

Btw, I have my fuel pump below the throttlebody but further towards the back. I used the bolt that was originally for the airbox. I couldnt find a better spot since majority of the space on the left side of the frame is taken up by access to the throttle cables. Anywhere else wouldnt be low enough to be under the gas tank. It might be different on the pregens.
i know the new boots are really secure. and they are tight to the head and new TBs. Really excited . and yeah the K&n filter is a bit bulky. i had to run a line right by it :P.

Make sure u updated the software and everything.