View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2018, 04:24 AM   #47
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, Sold 2012 Ninja 650, Sold 2009 Ninja 250r, Sold 2007 DRZ400s

worked on the bike for a couple hours yesterday. i found a split in a vacuum line, repaired that and the bike was responding so much better. had dj 98's clip on third groove and seemed pretty flat wide open throttle. swapped to 100's on main, still third clip. pulled harder in high rpms, but still feels a little flat. screws are turned out 2 3/4 turns, bike is running rich at idle, can smell it. have a 90 degree screwdriver ordered so i can adjust the screws without struggling and going into a self induced rage.
planning on tuning with the 100's. get it the best i can, then swap to 98's and retune and compare. pulling the carbs with the air box in is a little work, but not too bad. hoping to spoon some tires on it this week, and i need a current tag. fixing to be riding this bike, been over three years, can't wait to get it finished. i'll snap some pics of my method to break the bead on tires. lol
gantt is offline   Reply With Quote