View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2017, 10:17 AM   #21
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
I still disagree. When I'm riding it's always brake first THEN clutch in, downshift/blip, clutch out (still maintaining pressure on the brake lever). Whether you are going from 6th to 2nd (turn 2 at Laguna Seca) you need to scrub off your speed first with the brakes and then downshift (with or without the clutch). Clutch pull in comes after.

If you're on the street and coming up to a stop light or stop sign I'd still get on the brakes first and pull in the clutch after I'm sufficiently slowed down. I can get lazy on the street and not downshift at a light but just pull in the clutch while still in 4th gear but I'd always do my braking first.

Maybe it's just a matter of wording here as there is a point where the brakes and the clutch will be engaged at the same time but it still follows the format of front brake first, clutch in, downshift, clutch out, or come to a stop with the clutch pulled in.
You know a LOT of stuff that I don't, so can I pick your brain on this a little more?

I exclusively ride street for now and the forseeable future. What I do is hold the clutch in and downshift to match my speed as approaching a red light. If the light turns green, I never have a problem letting out the clutch as I've gotten good at matching my coasting speed to which gear I'm in. Is what I'm doing dangerous or incorrect? If so, why?
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote