View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2022, 12:14 PM   #3
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Looks like the previous owner installed half of an aftermarket adjustable rearset instead of just rear set adjusters. I know that isn’t the correct folding footpeg on the other side either but people have been known to swap their passenger pegs in for better feel (no rubber, no feeler pegs). Brake pedal looks elongated, like maybe it’s meant for adjustable rearsets too.

Yeah, replacing the shifter setup requires the whole assembly with folding footpeg, linkage, and bracket. The half of an adjustable rearset was probably salvaged for cheap since the previous owner didn’t get the other side with it.

I think that’s just dust on the spark plug boot. It’s got ribs like that specifically to seal the top of the spark plug well so that dust and dirt doesn’t accumulate down there and fall into the engine when your remove the plugs. I’d just brush it off, reinsert, and blow off the top of the engine (“valve cover”), assuming it works.

If you know anyone with a big air compressor tank I’d attach a blowgun and knock off as much dust as possible, then agitate the stubborn spots with a brush and blow again. You don’t want to go too extreme since it’s intended to be a commuter bike and it’s just gonna get dirty again in no time, so after blowing/brushing I’d just use a damp rag on the easy to reach areas. Some nitrile gloves will keep you from getting too dirty when you work in the tighter spaces.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote