View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2022, 01:04 PM   #8
Zpatton
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): ‘08 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
The kickstand sensor kills the engine if the bike is in gear with the kickstand down and won’t let you start with it down unless you are in Neutral. There is also a switch at the clutch hand lever that won’t let you start while in gear unless the clutch lever is pulled. They definitely need to be in working order.

I see missing grips and bar end weights and you mentioned a lot of bolts are missing too. These are the kinds of things you can replace for cheaper than OEM by “upgrading.” For example, get some green “Ninja” threaded bar ends and some green folding footpegs if the stock bracket you find doesn’t include them. Get some black and green grips and a green fairing bolt kit. While you are at it, there are about 14 rubber wellnuts on the bike and 12 of them will be completely rotted/worthless if they haven’t already been replaced. I’m sure the four used to secure the lowers to the upper fairing have been replaced. The two that don’t rot are the two exposed on the windscreen but a lot of colored windscreen bolt kits include a bunch of rubber wellnuts too.

There’s a lot of this stuff on AliExpress too. Heck, they have a lot of OEM replica stuff too, like handlebars and headlights. Their search sucks though so you have to stumble on half of it while looking at something else.
I didn’t know about the switch on the clutch hand lever. Very good too know especially considering I am planning on swapping the levers out for adjustable ones. I discovered that the bolt for the clutch lever (part# 92154 was just sitting in there as the bottom of it was broke so I gotta order one of those.

Discovered different bolt and fairing plug kits out there. Lots of different ones. Are there any know reliable ones that anyone would recommend?

As far as colors go, I’m not keeping the green. I don’t like to stand out. I got all the stickers off cleanly, scrubbed it down with simple green, and have learned several methods of painting the fairings off of YouTube. Already applied a few coats to some pieces and will be working on all of that while the mechanical parts are being put together. Just going black. Once there’s more time and I have more budget for cosmetics it’ll get cleaned up even more.

I’ve never ordered off of AliExpress. Is it actually reliable?
Zpatton is offline   Reply With Quote