View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2022, 02:06 PM   #9
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zpatton View Post
I didn’t know about the switch on the clutch hand lever. Very good too know especially considering I am planning on swapping the levers out for adjustable ones. I discovered that the bolt for the clutch lever (part# 92154 was just sitting in there as the bottom of it was broke so I gotta order one of those.

Discovered different bolt and fairing plug kits out there. Lots of different ones. Are there any know reliable ones that anyone would recommend?

As far as colors go, I’m not keeping the green. I don’t like to stand out. I got all the stickers off cleanly, scrubbed it down with simple green, and have learned several methods of painting the fairings off of YouTube. Already applied a few coats to some pieces and will be working on all of that while the mechanical parts are being put together. Just going black. Once there’s more time and I have more budget for cosmetics it’ll get cleaned up even more.

I’ve never ordered off of AliExpress. Is it actually reliable?
I’ve only ordered a few times myself. It can take a while with free shipping but the sellers are generally reliable. You typically find many sellers with the same thing and various prices so I end up having decision paralysis most of the time, but there’s a lot of parts you just can’t find on eBay.

Some random examples:

For the bolts there are a lot of over-priced stainless hardware kits from name brands but I’d probably just buy one of the more complete kits with U-nuts, wellnuts, plastic fasteners, etc.

As for the paint job, hey, black can look even better with green:

…but powder-coated rims and a green seat cover is going a lot further than just getting it commute-ready.

I like black because it’s a bit less aggressive-looking but there is something to be said for the increased visibility of Kawasaki’s signature Lime Green. 2008 was the only year when they made a pure Kawi green and they clear coat graphics on the tank for later “special editions” so it’s sad to see another go. That’s just how things go, of course.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote