View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2022, 02:58 PM   #10
Mauricemonge
ninjette.org member

Name: Maurice

Motorcycle(s): bastardized ninja 250 (think land speed record with a sidecar) soon to swap a 500 engine

Aaaaaand I’m done-ish.

Just did a first start, at first I thought the exhaust was burning out a bunch of stuff, then I thought the rings were bad (it was a race motor, it came with another rebuilt race motor). I checked my idle screws, and they were turned out just over 5 turns. I brought them back to 2.5 and it smoked less. I have an AEM wideband, but I killed it last week, and it’s like pulling teeth to buy just the gauge from them, I’ll go with another brand next time.

The radiator mounted up okay, but I had to mount it super high, and without a fan. Mounted the overflow bottle (a flask) and the thermostat and radiator cap in an awkward position, but it’ll work.

Electrical was quick and easy, but I still need to trim up some wires. I’ll probably drive it down the block in an hour when I’m done cleaning up the tornado of a mess I made in my garage.

I promised a video, and maybe a bunch of pictures, so I’ll get working on that tomorrow

Last futzed with by Mauricemonge; July 14th, 2022 at 11:48 PM.
Mauricemonge is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.