View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2015, 03:20 PM   #1
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Name: Nolan

Motorcycle(s): 1997 Ninja 250

Time for a new rotor? New brake pads? Both?

As with every relationship, my bike and I have had our ups and downs. We've laughed and we've cried together but lately we've been having a lot of relationship issues. She has become very needy and wants me to spend more time working on her and spending money on her. I just don't feel the same satisfaction as I did before she changed. However, I still deeply care for her and want to help her through this tough time so we can both be happily together again on the open road.

I'm sorry to ask for help again, but I want someone's opinion who is better versed at this than I am. When I'm on the bike and it's moving, I hear a grinding noise. The noise is also there when the bike is on the center stand and I spin the rear wheel. My brakes also seem to pulsate. From what I have read online, this makes me think either my rotor is bad or I need new brake pads. Under further review, the look like this. The lines are what worry me, but I'm not sure if that's a common thing with motorcycles. I checked the brake pads and they are definitely below the recommended 1mm Kawisaki suggests. Could this noise be coming from just needing new pads?

I don't exactly have a whole lot of money to keep throwing at her but I think this is the last issue before I can finally ride her again. I'm willing to do whatever it takes.

Thanks again, Ninjette, for being such an awesome community and sorry to be so bothersome!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150827_142659.jpg (87.6 KB, 26 views)
Mocha Man is offline   Reply With Quote