Thread: So umm yeah...
View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #121
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ms.T, Queen of the Night

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250

What an awesome thread - made my night. Sensible young man not afraid to wear gear or keep learning, I was wondering for a moment if Alex had cooked up a 'perfect newb' thread to help new riders lol!

Enjoy riding in the cold just remember that it takes a while to warm up your tires. I take it easy for the first bunch of corners. They warm up faster with acceleration/deceleration rather than F1 style swerving.

Black ice - I always find it in low spots and places where there's a ton of trees shading the road. Relax and glide through, if you hit it, there nothing else you can do. No brake, no turning, just light on the bars and glide through it.

Looks like you've got all the other cold weather riding techniques figured out!

You can get enduro style clip-on wind deflectors for your hands. If you keep riding in the cold, there's a whole ton of different plug-in gear that uses a rechargeable battery pack instead of plugging into your bike battery. Neck covering is essential!

Have you practiced emergency braking? I know, I know, it's my favourite topic..but do it, we need to keep good examples around

Going up to 3c (37f) tomorrow with NO windchill - awesome! Roads are pretty clear here but look at the deck Had to dig out the bike shed to get to my baby!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bubbley_Storage.jpg (60.4 KB, 4 views)
Firehorse is offline   Reply With Quote