View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #134
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

Name: Katherine

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameisjoe View Post
O okay so you're unaware of Scottoiler Let me help you!

Basically it's an automatic chain oiler. They have 2 systems, the Vsystems and the Esystem.

The both do more or less the same thing, oil your chain. It is supposed to increase the life of your chain and make oiling and cleaning your chain a thing of the past!!

The V system works on a vacuum. The engine creates the vacuum which pulls the oil from the reservoir down the tube and it drips on the chain. There is a dial at the top that you can adjust to tell it how much oil you want being dripped. Depending on your ridding style and weather/season conditions.

The E System is the same basic premis, ie oil drips onto chain. But instead of using your engine as a vacuum, it is hooked up electronically to the battery. It then has an accelerometer in it (much like must smart phones now a days). This tells it when you're moving and when you're standing still or the bike is off. When it senses the bike is in motion, it will tell the pump to pump oil. When it senses you're still, it won't.

The screen is pretty slick, instead of a dial on the top of the reservoir like on the V, you tell it preciously how many drips you want on there. You can also adjust the sensitivity of the accelerometer. It will tell you when you're running low on oil as well.

As an added bonus (and admittedly one of the reasons I wanted this one instead of the V) the screen will also display Time Upper Left, and temperature bottom left.

So On the screen You have:

Upper left: Time (8:15 on mine)

Midd Left: Amount of drops (80 at the moment)

Bottom left : Temperature (33 degrees Fahrenheit)

Upper right: Oil left in Reservoir (I forgot to refill after getting it all set up, that's why it's that low. Lol"

Bottom-Mid Right : Accelerometer (The Gauge looking thing) and that "X" will turn into a forward arrow when the bike is in motion.

To anyone thinking of getting one. Might I suggest using "Mordeth13" in the coupon code thing for 13% off! (Sorry Josh, you had already gotten one before I knew about that!!) Instead of 280 dollars, I spent like 240! (Still expensive, but if it works as well as I've heard, not as expensive as buying new chains!) With that code you can get the VSystem for 113 bucks!
Very nice! Thanks for the info. You are correct, I didn't know jack about this. So the 80 drips is that in a certain amount of time? Would you say this is something everyone needs or people that live in a certain kind of area?