View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2008, 03:59 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Hi Alex -

I merged this into a single thread. Glad that your bike is all sorted out at this point. I'm wondering if the initial problem had nothing to do with the cush drive, and was simply rear wheel misalignment. The cush drive in the Ninjette allows for a good bit of play on the sprocket, that seems to be normal. Or at least it's consistent over many bikes. But rear wheel alignment is a pain in the neck with this bike. The plates with notches on them that the axle goes through are not symmetrical, so if they are put on one way the notch is in a slightly different place than if they are reversed 180 degrees. So they can't be trusted in figuring out if the rear wheel is straight. Best way I can tell is that after everything is tightened down, are the screws at the back of the chain adjustment even on both sides; i.e. are the same number of threads showing. If yes, that means that the axle is in alignment with the swingarm. And hopefully, the swingarm is in alignment with the rest of the chassis or the bike has bigger issues...

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote