View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2015, 11:43 PM   #1
shortyg83
ninjette.org member

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ninja 250r

I am sometimes a squid, Help!!!

Ok I have only been riding for 3 years, and I don't ride super often. I know I am still very green skill wise. I learned to ride on a 200cc enduro. And then went to a 1991 katana 600, and then changed again to a 2007 gsxr 600.

I found myself rarely dressing safely. Considering the bikes capabilities it made me feel unsafe. So I sold my gixxer and got a scooter.
Still on the scooter I never dressed in gear. But I never left town with the scooter. So rarely went over 25 mph. Never had to corner. Live in a area with much less trafic.

I recently bought a Ninja 250r because I wanted something safer so that I can't hit 100mph in 3rd gear.

I have a good helmet/jacket/gloves. If I go anywhere that is more that 1 mile from my house I always use a helmet.

My main problem is I have an issue with heat. Being in full gear literally makes me want to throw up and I actually get sick from it. This isn't just a bike thing. I have to have an air conditioner when I sleep even in the winter.
I really can't take heat without getting sick.

I need something protective that is very breathable and quick on off. My rides are short normally just to play basketball or to a friends. So I would like something pant wise that can just pull on over shorts and remove quickly.

Main thing is something that won't cause me to pass out from heat but keeps me safe so I don't end up dead.
Please help me find Pants and Jacket that can do this.
If it matters, I basically never speed, never take hard corners, and don't try to do stupid things on a bike to show off.
shortyg83 is offline   Reply With Quote