Old November 22nd, 2018, 06:18 PM   #35
dodgerdad
ninjette.org guru

Name: Hector

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiman View Post
@dodgerdad....

If you were to fully warm up the bike (as when setting the pilot screws) with choke lever confirmed in off position...what effect does slowly turning each pilot screw (not both at same time, but one side at a time) all the way IN have? (to lightly closed, not jammed shut)

As the screw is turned in...does it lower RPM from that cylinder? As it approaches closed position, does that cylinder continue to run? At closed, does the cylinder nearly shut down? But return the screw to 2 1/2 OR preferably the setting that achieves the highest RPM....THEN do the opposite side.

Does EACH side have the same, near approximate partial and fully shutdown results? Or radically different?

A cooling fan blowing towards the radiator/engine is a good idea....as are gloves or rags strategically placed to shield from burning your hands.

Please discuss your findings here, be careful, repeat test as necessary.
I have not performed this type of test so I'll certainly give it a shot (hopefully this weekend) and post my findings. At this point I'd be very happy to isolate the source even if I have to have it handled by a professional. I'll post back ASAP, appreciate the help.