View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2018, 12:41 PM   #1
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Time for dirt gear!

Bought a 2002 CR250 Honda dirtbike. It's a pretty sweet machine. Ordered a bunch of jets and various carb parts and gaskets. I've ridden it three times and am still figuring out my jetting and fuel mixture ratios etc. However! That is not the point of this thread.

I cannot ride the bike aggressively until I have a proper set of gear.

Main things for me right now are boots and a quality helmet. I've been playing with the idea of trying to upgrade my street gear and move in a dual-sport direction but now that I've thought about it ---- it's probably better to have two dedicated sets of gear. Dirt, and street.

So here I am --- looking to put together a set of dirtbike gear. The budget is loose, but I don't want to go overboard and blow 600 bucks on boots and god-knows-what on a fancy new helmet. Looking for simple stuff, nothing too expensive.

Boots and helmet. Time to start shopping. The bloody gouges on my right leg are the primary issue that I'm trying to clear up. Once the bike is tuned properly, starting will be easier -- but I've got arthritis in the ankle and possibly a torn ligament which I haven't yet addressed. The PCL knee reconstruction doesn't help, but pretty sure I can get by without needing a knee brace to ride. Boots!