View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2017, 08:29 AM   #7913
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Ordered some blue w/red adjusters brake and clutch levers from CHINA! Lol
Cleaned my chain and sprocket with WD-40, denture brushes I nabbed from work, and micro fiber cloths. Lubed up the chain with some Lucas chain lube.
Omg she was dirty down there. The person who had her before me had her serviced to the "T" but damn why does the chain always get the neglect? Chain looks brand new. Noticed some rust on it though. New chain time? Not much rust but a little. People don't understand how a 15min clean and lube of the chain can save you money. Plus it's kind of fun and relaxing especially with Hendrix and a doobie
Had the bike almost a month now and her little nooks and crannys are slowly getting all detailed. The typical stuff most people let go are the stuff I enjoy the most. I'm sure most here understand. Everyone here seems to be on top of maintaining the "little things". Just always leaves me scratching my head that the easiest things oil changes, chain cleaning etc., are always the most neglected. And they're some of the most important things you can do for your bike. Anyway, I have some riding to do today it's sunny and 80. And I have to work the weekend so today it's quality time. Can't wait for my shorty's to come in!