View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2017, 05:41 PM   #2
jrshooter
ninjette.org guru

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy88 View Post
Today I was going to install a 415 chain and sprocket kit but I ran into some troubles. First time doing a chain and sprocket install but it didn't seem to difficult. I ordered the DID ERZ 415 non o-ring chain. I got the sprockets on no problem and cut the old chain.

But I ran into trouble when it came time to cut the new chain. The new chain was a few links to long so I went to cut it thinking there would be no problems. The tool I was using was the DID 500R which is meant for 520 and up chains so right off the bat the back plate of the chain tool didn't fit snuggly at all. I decided to risk it and try to cut the chain anyway. Since the the backplate wasn't snug, the cutting pin didn't move perpendicular to the chain and pushed the pin at an angle. After messing up, I had to cut the link of with a dremel. Luckily I was cutting the chain for a length at the middle adjustment line so I could move the wheel closer and still use the same chain.

Obviously I don't want to mess up again and want to get the right tool for the job. So what tool can I use to cut the chain, press the plate, and rivet the master link. DID doesn't have any tool I can find and all other chain tools are also for 520 chains or larger.

TLDR: What tool is used to cut, press, and rivet a 415 chain?

Thanks in advance
i run the 415 with the snap, screw the rivit link, dont get a cheap masterlink, it will break, get a good d.i.d masterlink with a snap retainer
jrshooter is offline   Reply With Quote