Thread: Bicycles!
View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2018, 09:37 AM   #2176
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
It's funny because if we all spent a little time getting to know our vehicles, we wouldn't NEED the nannies. Like my ride today, great braking is just a practiced habit. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes something you can do without thought. So while nanny brakes might be a great project on a bicycle for the sake of doing it, it might be best to leave it as just a thought experiment. Kinda like e-assist bikes. I have a very strong inner debate about them and I'm not sure how i really feel. I'm a fan of tech that progresses what we have, like hydraulic brakes and dropper posts, but I'm not sure I like tech for the sake of itself and nothing else. At what point do we go from improving the bicycle to meet a performance need and we go to making something that no longer is in the spirit of the original? Just interesting thoughts.
Education and experience goes a long way huh? So many spoiled brats nowadays want instant results; there's a pill for everything! They look at Michael Jordan and say, "he's born that way" or "he's a natural". Obviously discounting and disrepescting decades of hard work and sweat. When you put in your dues and reach that nirvana state, nothing else can compare!

Cool history of bikes. Columbus tubing was used to make Ducatis!

Link to original page on YouTube.

Yeah, tech advances that have measurable improvements are great. Such as roller or cartridge bearings for headsets. Ceramic bearings for hubs, not so great. UCI requirement of diamond-frame, not good!

DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote