View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2019, 05:38 PM   #1
Milpool
ninjette.org member

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): GPX250r (pregen Ninja 250)

Oil Pressure Sensor Leak

I posted a little while ago about cold start problems and the issue turned out to be overly tight valves. This has been fixed and it's running great but I've had minor oil leak problems since. It had been leaking into the inside of the left hand side of the lower fairing then eventually dripping from there onto the ground (very slowly).

I did notice some oil around the valve cover gasket so have since tightened the valve cover bolts (were definitely too loose as I was too scared of overtightening at the time). I also drained some oil in case it was overfilled last service (I really doubt it was though). The oil level is now pretty close to halfway between the low and full lines.

Regardless, these two procedures reduced the oil leak significantly and I no longer have oil around the valve cover gasket, even after a few weeks. I still have a -tiny- bit of oil dripping into the fairing though. I'm pretty sure it's coming from the oil pressure sensor switch as in this video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qym4ycqn2...0leak.mp4?dl=0

The video was taken before I fixed the valve cover being too loose but it's still doing the same thing.

It's so little I'm really not overly bothered by it and its not dripping onto the ground, just the inside of the fairing. Although I thought I'd double check it's not a symptom of something worse. I'm also happy to fix if it's cheap and easy haha.
Milpool is offline   Reply With Quote