View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2021, 11:54 PM   #25
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I bet the reason you experienced the tire stretching was because of the large volume in the lawn tractor tire... and all they really are is just rubber with minimal of belting a bike tire is much stronger ! I've seen that method done on car tires on youtube many times and have heard it said that it works on bike tires as well but the volume is much much lower on a bike tire... you'ed need to get the squirt just right with the either ... and to be honest I wouldn't want to try that on my bike tire their 2 times as expensive as a car tire and if the rim is painted it'll probably blister the paint.... but if nothing else works and it's your last option go for it ! LOL
..... I've used this method myself on really large tires simply because it's really the only method that works but with that much volume it's dangerous indeed
I know of a guy who was doing a 21" split rim and used either and it expanded so much the split rim part came off and sailed 150 ft in the air !
it could have killed him easy ! so it's not a method to screw around with !
Bob......