View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2009, 10:48 PM   #5
komohana
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 05 GSX-R 600 2003 EX250: Woodcraft Bars, Levers, Mirrors, Shim'd Mixture, Synthetic, '08 Rear Shock

i don't have an adjuster tool, but was scoping out the possibilities and thought there might be access from directly aft of the shock/swingarm as i can see the adjuster from that vantage point. yet, seeing is one thing, getting a tool plus paws in there is another! don't know how hard it is to turn, but i recall reading somewhere using a screw driver and rubber mallet to get that thing-a-turn'in was an option. (fred flintstone's m/c maint. guide) WILMA!
this mod has definately made a difference in the handling. inputs seemed to require less effort (not by much, but noticeable), bike transitioned quicker from straight up to lean angle desired and back. clearance has been increased and i noticed the bike didn't squat as it did on hard accelerations through the gears from a dead stop...AND with the pirelli sport demons the rear tire could barely turn as it lightly touched the ground. NOW it won't turn period w/out using this high-tech center stand booster tool i found in my garage.
(3/8" ply board)
going to be experimenting with some front suspension changes in the future.

mahalo bruddah kelly for making this mod possible!

Remember when sex was safe
and motorcycles were dangerous?
komohana is offline   Reply With Quote