Old April 15th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #18
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFranchise216 View Post
Thanks. Wasn't sure if that would work or I'd eat gas lol. Also it's kind of in a awkward place to get to with the tank on but I assume it's doable. I'll check this out later.

Side question: should this be done on the centerstand.. here's why I ask: it doesn't have one. The moron before me apparently got rid of it. He obviously was trying to make this bike something it isn't and here I am.. the noob dealing with the problems
yeah it's awkward to get a hand in there, but it's do-able. No it doesn't have to be on the centerstand. I took mine off so I don't nail it on the ground at the track this summer, not to mention, my Muzzy doesn't allow it. I still use it for maintenance though because it's only 2 bolts. Try to get one off of ebay or something; they're definitely the most valuable part on the pregen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFranchise216 View Post
My buddy brought up the possibility of an electrical issue. He merely brought it up as a variable to this awful problem. Your guys' fuel starvation theory (for lack of a better word) seems more likely (which he did not dismiss) to me. But could it be a possibility as well?

P.S. I've posted this problem on numerous forums and Ninjette.org has BY FAR been the absolute best! I'm glad I came to the neighborhood.
it's possible that it's an electrical issue (and that's the next thing we'll have you check, assuming it's positively not the carbs) but I'm betting on carbs because it's consistently only at certain speeds, and only in certain scenarios. On top of that, so many issues on carb'd bikes are from the carbs.

It might be something as simple as just changing the float height down a mm, but that's something for later. For now, just make sure the petcock is working right, and we'll work our way down the line of fuel delivery.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote