View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2015, 11:20 PM   #5
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
I can't help with the man bits part, but maybe can help with a few other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daakuryu View Post
Re: moving around
On purpose not a lot, not sure about small movements from stopping and going though.
I'd suggest moving around more, even small changes can keep you from experiencing stiffness or soreness from holding a position too long. Tension in your shoulders, neck, back, hips, knees can get some relief by changing things up periodically.

Quote:
Re: Bike ergos
Not sure what I can do about that.
http://cycle-ergo.com/

It is flat out amazing what one simple inch can do for comfort. I raised my handlebars up and the wrist pain I was experiencing is gone. I lowered my pegs and discovered that I actually need my pegs two different heights to stop my knees from complaining.

Quote:
Re: seat
Stock seat.
If the seat is throwing you too far forward or creating hard edges pressed against nerves or muscles, you may find comfort in adding something simple like a bead cover or sheepskin, a bit more complex like an aftermarket seat (Corbin, Saddleman) or the expensive route of a custom seat designed to keep your hips neutral and remove pressure points.

Quote:
Re food and drink
Don't really take that into consideration.
Not sure if it would have a direct relation, but certainly if your energy levels are low or focus is fuzzy from poor nutrition or hydration, the extra fatigue could cause symptoms like poor posture. Just a guess on that one, but I know proper food and water is vital for longer rides.

One of the things to consider also is what type of underwear are you wearing? Could a different style or cut be more comfortable when sitting for an extended time? It sounds weird but for me, going between the normal plain underwear and the shorts style LD Comforts I wear, I can really tell where the seams are and where the elastic cuts into my hip and legs.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.