View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2009, 08:37 PM   #11
b534202
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Duc Monster 696 / Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bugaloo View Post
I once noticed that I was getting a lot of hits on my web page from Mexico. When I looked at the details, I noticed that I was getting hundreds of hits on a photo I had of my then-current motorcycle. When I looked to see where the hits were coming in from, I discovered that some guy in Mexico was selling an identical bike on a Mexican auction site, and instead of using his own photo, he just hotlinked in my photo!

I rewrote my web page so that the motorcycle photo had a different name, and then put a picture of a toilet in my web file folder with the old photo's name.

The result was that if you looked at his auction, you saw a photo of a toilet instead of his motorcycle. He couldn't alter the ad once up, and he started getting all sorts of hilarious follow-up questions asking him about his motorcycle...
Someone did that once to me with an ebay auction for a PS3 game.

I changed the picture with 12 hours to go to some text and picture that say that it comes with a free Playstation 3. (With only 12 hours to go, ebay doesn't let people modify their auctions) I think it ended with less than $50 bid. Wonder what happened to the guy.
b534202 is offline   Reply With Quote