View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2008, 09:01 PM   #12
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScraitT View Post
Thought I'd reply to you here as it is a bit more on topic.

We slightly discussed the 230s over on KF a bit before.
It's by far the best bike I have ever ridden off road. I have been on some bigger bikes that most people would say are superior bikes, such as 250's and 450's, but nothing has compared in my mind to my 230. It has the perfect amount of power for getting around, and enough top end to hit the mid 60's with ease, which is more then fast enough off road. Most importantly to me, the bike is virtually bulletproof. Honda's air cooled engines can take a beating to no end.

I really should sell it, along with my 80, because then just take up room now, but I keep toying with the idea of converting the 230 to a steet bike. The low end torque on the bike just make it so much fun to play around with. Money unfortunately leans a bit more toward selling then converting
yep, I remember the thread now about our 230F discussion. Sell it... if you ever need another, these bikes are easy to pick up, as just as with the 250R, every young kid that buys the CRF230 wants to move up to a real bike 6 months later.

I'm with you this bike is the perfect combo of speed, torque, weight and reliability. The trails here are hilly, tight and technical... anything bigger is a handful at the bottom of a muddy valley trying to climb out over tree roots and slippery rocks. Prior to this, I had an xr200 which I just loved, but it didn't have a front disc brake (which it really needed) and it came with a 17" rear tire which made finding tires sorta tough.

Sounds like you might be prime for a CRF230L... the street legal version of the 230F.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote