Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by worker1 View Post
A uturn at an already green light is tough because the driver behind you won't be expecting it. I liked the video with all the alternatives. Uturns when the red turns green are easy because of the low speed of the driver behind you.
Very good point!
You can always abort the U-turn and keep going with a regular left turn if everyone is moving too fast and things look dangerous.

Total awareness before reaching the light will let you know if you can slow down the car following you by keeping constant deceleration for some distance before reaching the turning point.

Driving a car or riding a motorcycle, it is just wrong and dangerous to accelerate along the turning lane just to slam on brakes at the end of it.
Better annoying that driver than getting hit by his vehicle.
Like for every traffic situation, we must be predictable even to the dumbest of drivers.

The direction of your head just before reaching that point should indicate your intentions as well.
Getting close to the left of your lane will give that following car some chance to avoid you.

All the above presumes that the driver following you is attentive, which is not always certain.
I like watching the eyes and face of the drivers behind me in order to have an idea of what to expect as more probable.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.