Thread: No Helmets?
View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #44
cbdallas
ninjette.org guru

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 650R

I guess in all insurance fairness, the insurance companies need to charge the anti-helmet people higher premiums. The smokers under my company's health plan pay 66% more in monthly premiums than I do. So if you enjoy cancer sticks, riding without a helmet, or playing Russian Roulette, you should have to pay for it. Seems like a helmet would be cheaper in the long run.

I know, I know..it's not about the money, it's about the freedom, and frankly I have no desire to express my opinion directly to people who ride helmetless. But I will talk about them behind their backs. ;-) STUPID.

Speaking for myself, I feel like I'm riding naked if I get on anything busier than a neighborhood street without a helmet on. I rode my current 250 home (about 20 miles) before I had bought my helmet, and I was admittedly a little freaked out and was really ready to get home.

Being in a wreck will really change your perspective about helmets. If I hadn't been wearing one, I'd be seriously scarred, if I'd lived through it at all. But if other riders have no problem facing that very real possibility, more power to them.
cbdallas is offline   Reply With Quote