View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #120
azwillnj
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

I replaced the entire side cover with the one from eBay Monday, stator, pickup coil and cover.. The spark is much brighter and seems to be more regular, I wish I had taken before and after videos but I didn't even think about it. It's worth noting that the original side cover took the impact exactly where the pickup coil was mounted, so maybe it got out of alignment somehow.

But alas.. it still won't start...

I put the front wheels up on a ramp and leveled the carbs X and Y axis put some clear tubing on the drains and checked the fuel level in the bowls. They were exactly in spec 0.5mm above the seam (according to the service manual).

I have been thinking about it and I am going to mess with the mixing screws tonight as a last resort but after that doesn't work I'm not really sure what else to do.

I am really angry I caved and wired out the carbs, before I did that the bike would at least idle, now it wont even start... and before someone says it, yes, I followed the instructions EXACTLY, both 1 & 2 & the video someone posted earlier in this thread.

Also, before someone else says it again.. I don't want to take it to a mechanic that charges $85/hr that will do all the same things I have already done 3x and tell me he needs more time to figure it out. At this point it almost might be worth it to cut my losses, sell the bike as is and try to find one that runs rather than bringing it to a mechanic.

Thoroughly frustrated,
Alex.
azwillnj is offline   Reply With Quote