View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2020, 08:09 PM   #8
Macd7919
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Daimian

Motorcycle(s): Z1000, M109R, Husky FX450

Well, the first question regarding what that particular circuit in the carb affects is for my own personal knowledge, and, also because I like to know that I’m more or less OK to leave the remainder of the carb as-is and not go digging deeper for “other” possible issues while I have it out. It seems to be a relatively straightforward answer as carbs are relatively simple contraptions but maybe there is something I’m missing that makes it more complicated.

Your second question I’m not quite seeing where I was asking for a workaround. I’ve asked multiple times in this thread if anyone has a spare set of needle jets they would like to sell. To me, that’s painfully obvious that I’m planning on replacing them and even went as far as to explain that they are 3 weeks out from my parts distributor and I’d like to get the bike back on the road by then. In my first post I said it was unridable as is, so putting it back together just to be in the same manner really wouldn’t do me much good.

So, again, I’d be interested to hear what that circuit (the one with the needle jet) affects so I have a better understanding of what I’m working on with this particular carb. Also, if anyone has a couple needle jets available they would be willing to sell I’d be happy to buy them from you. Thanks!
Macd7919 is offline   Reply With Quote