View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2010, 05:31 PM   #65
Banzai
Psychic war veteran

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): Kawi Green '09 Ninja ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacial View Post
I love this sort of thing. Sleepers and Frankensteins are awesome. Also low insurance costs. Also 50+hp in a 380lb, ultra-nible bike would be an absolute scream.

Hell, just knowing that it's possible/easy to do means I might end up doing a swap myself, especially if the fairings will still cover my ugly welds
Insurance ain't gonna cover you if you wreck it and it's modified beyond what your policy will cover, which is usually no more than $1000 worth of parts. Oh, and they're gonna figure parts and labor at the "New from the manufacturer" rate for parts and the going rate per hour for the local shops. What you have there in the USA is a "Speciality Use Vehicle" for insurance purposes, which usually goes about one step below kit cars and kit bikes.

It's a horsepower to weight ratio issue for the performance, though! Looks like it may be a fun ride! It's like putting a top fuel dragster engine into a Manx dune buggy!