View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2012, 07:13 PM   #23
RyderRider15
Ate his own face. Twice.

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2009 KLR650

Leather is hot, takes forever to dry if it gets wet, is very expensive and heavy, however it is more protective. This all said I HATE my leather jackets. I've enjoyed my textile much more, and haven't ever had to say "its too hot or cold to ride". At the end of the day personally I'd take a textile jacket for street riding over a leather any day. I bought this one last week and have done around 600-700 miles in it and love it. Of course you don't have to spend that much for a good textile jacket. This was my 1st motorcycle jacket, and it was a VERY nice jacket that served me well for 2 years and around 6000-7000 miles. I used it as hot as 100 degrees in a parking lot for MSF and as low as 37 degrees commuting and it performed well.

Personally don't think its the smartest idea to spend much more than $150 on your 1st jacket, simply because if you're a new rider you don't know what you want or need. I wouldn't want to spend $500 on a jacket that is too hot, or too cold, or has a racing cut/fit that's not comfortable etc and be stuck with that or squiding. While getting the most protection you can afford is a good thing, I also think getting something that's more versatile is important for the rider with only one jacket.
RyderRider15 is offline   Reply With Quote