View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2012, 04:23 PM   #38
RyderRider15
Ate his own face. Twice.

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2009 KLR650

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG SITT View Post
How do you like that new A*s jacket? I've pretty much decided on that as my next jacket unless you talk you me out of it
I like it so far. Only "problem" is the liner imo. While I don't expect much in terms of a liner when it comes to a summer jacket, the wind blocking liner actually tends to blow up the jacket allowing air the pass through easily. I did however buy this jacket for summer riding, so its a no **** issue for me.

The jacket fits me much better than the American cut I've been use to from brands like speed and strength, tour master and shift. While it might not have a few bells and whistles that other textile jackets might at its price point, I'm not put off at all due to the over all quality feel of the jacket. A few things I feel it could of had was a belt loop strap and the ability to open and close the vents so in the morning I could close off some of the air on the way to work. Again however, its a summer jacket.

This was my first Alpinestar jacket, and I have to say I really like the chest armor you don't find in many others. It makes me feel just that much safer when riding, and it doesn't make the jacket bulky like you would expect. I do plan to replace the back and chest armor with the upgrades (back, chest) when I save up a little more money. I think its also worth noting that this is one of the most comfortable jackets I've owned. The only jacket I've used that could hold a candle to it would be the SSgear Moment of truth mesh jacket I own that does have a better liner but less protection.

Over all very happy with this as a summer geared jacket. Looking forward to many more miles using it.

Heres my general gear setup I use for about everything atm.

EXO 500 helmet
T-GP-R Jacket
2012 model SP2 gloves
Street cargo pants from A*
SMX-5 boots
RyderRider15 is offline   Reply With Quote