Thread: 06 250 heeeelp!
View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2017, 10:27 AM   #1
Jwigs78
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 Buell XB12STT

Exclamation 06 250 heeeelp!

Ok...I picked up a 2006 ninja 250 that has been sitting for 7 YEARS!! I pulled the carbs, disassembled them and soaked them for a couple days. Ran compressed air through the channels in the carb bodies and replaced the jets. Basically I cleaned the hell out of these things! When putting them back together I adjusted the idle air/fuel mixture screw to 2 1/2 turns out and set the floats to 17mm. For stock jets that's is the recommended setting (so I read). Now...everything is out back together and the bike was running well but all of a sudden the tube that runs to the bottom of the bike from the carbs is pouring fuel out and the bike is flooding out. I'm at a loss. I don't know what else to try. I replaced the plugs and checked the coils for spark and they are ok. I have noticed that if I turn the gas off at the petcock while it's running it doesn't flood out but I turn the gas on and within 30 seconds the bike floods out and gas pours onto the ground from that (evacuation?) tube. Please help! Haha! I'm mechanically inclined but not an expert. I could use some help so I'm not dropping this thing off at a shop to spend too much money that I don't have. Thanks!
Jwigs78 is offline   Reply With Quote