View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2017, 07:32 AM   #1
little1199
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jacob

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Working on a previously modified bike

Here we go! I purchased a bike with mods already done. Some of the mods seems to be working well and others I've dropped in favor of stock or other parts. I'm completely new to bikes in general. Matter of fact, most what I have learned has been from this forum. I've ran into the following situations the search bar has been limited on.

1. Based on the K&N replacement filter and exhaust (and stickers) my bike is jetted. Great! Except for it's using the loudest muffler possibly built for these bikes. If I drop the full exhaust and move to stock pipe with a slipon, do I have to rejet completely since I do not know what stage is currently installed? I would assume stage 1 or 2 based on the air box still being installed but the assumption is made on limited knowledge.

2. Tires- 150 on the rear is almost new. 120 on the front is trash. Is the difference in handling justifiable enough to replace the rear tire with the front or should I order a front, wear out the rear and then replace with correct sizing?
little1199 is offline   Reply With Quote