View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2017, 10:41 AM   #4
little1199
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jacob

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Jet View Post
1. I doubt you'll have to rejet for an exhaust change since you are probably running a non baffled pipe now and most slip-ons are non-baffled also. Check your spark plugs and if the porcelain is chalk white increase the main jet size. The plugs should have sort a rusty color. The slip-ons may not be much quieter. I just installed some Yoshimuras and they are fairly loud at cruising speed.

2. I would stick with O.E.M tire sizes. Oversize tires do you no good whatsoever and your rim width probably won't properly accommodate the extra width. A wide rear tire my increase your testosterone levels but the bike won't perform better. I like to replace tires that match but a different front tire won't put you in a ditch.

Bill
1. So if the slip-on is louder than I prefer and I go with a stock setup would I need to possibly rejet then or could I potentially remove the snorkel and allow the rejet to stay? (Rejetting just so I know what I actually have is an option as well)

2. I'm not much of a "hey, my tire is bigger than yours" kinda guy. Since the bike came with the 150 I guess my question should be "is the performance/ handling of a stock bike worth throwing out the fairly new 150 tire?"
little1199 is offline   Reply With Quote