Old February 4th, 2014, 08:15 PM   #58
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
I am in also. I hope to see a lot of you there. I will be doing 2 days at Thompson this summer I just don't think I can make it before July or possibly August. I already have my Leather "armor" and Awsome helmet so I just need to get my Back protector, Boots and a really good set of gloves and I am ready from that side of the requirements. The question of what bike to bring is a tough one for me. I really want to bring my Ducati because an opportunity to really push that bike is the stuff (my) dreams are made of, but the cost of replacing the original parts should I go down is a nightmare! I bought a 2003 SV 650s with 20,000 miles on it for $500 and I have been making it as good a bike as it can be, I have a Yosh pipe with filter and USB PCIII, reworked forks, Gsxr shock, New tires and GSXR calipers upfront plus a few little mods I did just for me. I guess I will risk the SV for my first track day(s) and maybe bring the Duke when I get some Chinese plastics for her.

How many people are going to the first track day at Thompson? I don't mean the day in March where you walk the track (I would also like to attend that) but the first real riding day? I may be able to do an earlier trip than I originally thought but im not sure yet.
Why not bring both? Spend the day on the SV untill you feel comfortable, then take the Ducati for a spin. As long as you ride your on pace you'll be fine.

You in Worcester? If so you are so close you can go a few times this coming summer ( hint, Razee's track day). If you're in Mass. The track is only 25 miles away. Get a season pass.

Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park is excited to announce its initial offering of an exclusive membership package for the new drivers club, The Club, in 2014.

The Club will accept no more than 200 members, who will enjoy exclusive benefits of membership. Included are exclusive use of track days, VIP access to all racing events, Raceway Golf Club membership, special Raceway Restaurant discount rates, private access to future “members only” locker rooms and lounge as well as many more incentives and amenities. For complete information about The Club packages and rates, please fill out the contact form.

I used to go to Loudon a few times a month when I lived in Boston. Many times I had the track to myself, other times there were bikes, cars, karts and it was crazy.