Old May 3rd, 2021, 08:02 PM   #5
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
@Misty,
Great question as always. I do lots of rerunning past track trips in my head and I play some video games. Both methods are not perfect but they keep the fundamentals fresh in your mind. These methods keep my mind focused on reference points for braking, turn in, brake release, roll on ECT. The only thing I can do for body position and the actual physical end of things is to go to the gym, stretch and strength train. I do have a walk in heated basement so I can go work/sit on my prodigy anytime but its just not the same as the front end lifting over a rise or the wind lasting past as I sit up to brake from 100+ MPH but I was stupid enough to live in New England. I used to ride MX all winter when possible but that stopped when an 11 year old boy on a KX80 broke his leg at our spot and the F%$#^ing parents sued the land owner! I am going in the morning to look at a new property which will allow me to ride dirt right from the garage, may have to start a "Rossi" type ranch and invite ya'all to come show what you can do in the dirt!
Nice. Good suggestions. I'm lucky in that we can ride dirt almost all through the winter so I picked up a KTM 200xcw and have just been riding trails and a bit of MX. I also find that riding mountain bikes and sometimes practicing certain visual skills while riding helps keep things a bit more sharp. But, boy do I miss it

What do you think is the first skill to go? Would it be the perception of speed or physical aspects like body position or emergency braking? I just try and take the opportunity to ride whatever I can, when I can! Even looking into hitting the go-kart track on a mini bike if I can't get on a big track soo.
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote