View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2021, 04:52 AM   #1
Narcillion
ninjette.org member

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): 2020 Kawasaki Ninja 400

Seized Engine at 1000 Miles

Hey guys, new rider here and an idiot who needs a lot of help.

Just bought a Kawasaki Ninja 400 2020 about a month ago, never ridden before and self taught. I bought the bike from one previous owner with 300 miles on it, no problems with the bike what so ever.

I was taking it on a road trip to my dad who I haven't seen in 10 years, I was 700 miles on the trip and while riding on the highway and I could no longer accelerate on the throttle, it felt like gas wasn't being fed to the engine. I dropped out from 6th gear into 4th when the engine shut off on me and coasted down to neutral. There was no juttering, noises, or anything note worthy as it happened. Just the engine shutting off.

I took it to a local bike shop in Omaha where the sales team there told me the engine was seized due to lack of oil, (which is my fault for not filling it but the bike just hit 1000 miles. I find it odd that the stock oil would run out that fast. And even if it did, any engine damage wouldn't be significant)

I was wondering what kind of options I had, possibilities for failed parts in the engine, or if I am being lied to for money. I am lacking funds, and the options I know of are engine replacement(cheapest) or having them fix it (as much as the bike costs).

This bike has been the only thing that has made me happy in the past few years, and as soon as I was starting to live again I got kicked in the balls due to my own failure. I really do not want to replace the bike. I don't normally reach out for help or do posts like this so I'm sorry if this is something to humor me but I would really appreciate an option that is viable. I can provide as many minute details as humanely possible if it helps one of you narrow it down.
Narcillion is offline   Reply With Quote