View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2022, 10:36 AM   #127
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

well, first off idling the bike for 10 minutes it is going to over heat it.... don't do that ! limmit the time to 4~5 min. tops so you don't over heat the engine
not taking throttle has got to be plugged jets ... if it is idling good then it's not the pilot jet... it's mainly the main jet now as it won't take any throttle
they either have to be plugged or something is stopping gas from getting to them....
the pilot jets sit above the main jets a little bit so it's not float level because it idles fine and continues to idle fine... so we can eliminate the float aspect .
so we know the main jet is sitting in gas like it should be but it is not getting through that jet for some reason.... either the jet needles are not moving when the throttle is opened or the jet and emulsifier tubes are plugged.
the only other possibility I can think of is a massive air leak one that allows a idle to happen but not opening the throttle... unlikely but I have seen that happen before !
I remember leaving the vacuum tube covers off the intake manifold one time on the XS650 it started fine but would not take throttle at all ... started checking and found both plugs for those tubes on the work bench !
I put them on and then the bike revved like it should....

Bob....