View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2015, 07:55 AM   #1
spent_too_much
ninjette.org guru

Name: Miguel

Motorcycle(s): 2000 EX-250; several other years of the same

Street fighter / naked bike / Rat bike / cafe racer build - suggestions welcome!

I enjoy reading other's build threads, and all of the great advice. So, I thought thatI would document my build - and seek advice...

I'm starting with a complete 94 EX250 - with lots of issues. The engine turns, but won't start ( carb issues? ). I have a donor frame / engine / harness from a 95 - that does run - so I will just swap out the motor for now.

I have an overall direction for the build, but welcome suggestions. I don't plan to use any fairings, would like to cut the rear off and add a hoop or something for the seat. And, above all else, keep the cost down - around $300 for the parts that I MUST purchase.

At the moment, it is torn down to the frame.

I have lots of spares from my first EX250, which I still have and will keep. I just wanted to build something of my own.

Inspirational builds...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg doc-s-chops-yamaha-virago-is-simply-stunning-photo-gallery-55072-7.jpg (82.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg yJLVN.jpg (213.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (105.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg dual headlights.jpg (26.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg HALF BOBBER.jpg (134.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1511.jpg (115.6 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1879.jpg (62.6 KB, 394 views)

Last futzed with by spent_too_much; May 12th, 2015 at 07:05 AM. Reason: updated title
spent_too_much is offline   Reply With Quote