Old December 12th, 2018, 09:24 AM   #7
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
The AC indication you read on a small DVM is not going to be accurate as they are optimised for a correct RMS value at 50/60 Hz all you get is an indication that it is working which should be good enough. When you measure between two of the three wires you have a reading is this the same value when you measure the third wire, you have a three phase generator so you should measure the same value between any two phases. Do you have the same values when the regulator is connected i.e. the generator is under load, I know you have measured with an ohm meter but with these very low values you need a special meter to get a meaningful result. It may be difficult to have access to the regulator input, but until you have measured the voltage there under load you can't rule out the generator windings.

Steve
Yep I measured voltage at 5000 rpms and at idle, all three readings are very similar. I got the same results with the original stator, but I put a new (used from a 7k mile bike, working) stator in it, and again, same results.