Old July 3rd, 2019, 11:34 PM   #1
XeJive
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r, ZG1000

Unhappy Low Speeds High RPMs HELP!

2012 Ninja 250r
Bought "used" with 70 miles on it.

The bike now has almost 3k miles on it but its had this issue since day one and I only feel like its getting worse.
The bike has no problem idling or running, but its top end speeds are greatly reduced from what I've seen other people have on similar stock bikes.
Since day one I've been trying to find the source of the problem cleaning the already flawless carbs, adjusting the Fuel/Air ratio, checking the air filter spark plugs, gear ratio, all to no avail.
I haven't paid much attention to low gears but recently I've been getting around 60-65mph at around 9.5-10k rpm, If I WOT I can squeeze around 80mph out of her at red line after probably 30 seconds from 60mph. Just today it was particularly hot outside and it dropped to 55mph at 10k rpm.
I work about 30 miles away from where I live and like the bike for its gas mileage but I hate making the engine scream just to keep up with traffic and I find it quite dangerous that I have no top end left in case of emergency.
I've scoured the web and found no real answer.
Last thing I can think to mention is that early on I discovered spotty Y hose connectors and hoses routed to the wrong places in the carb. I rectified all the problems and the routing is back to stock. After speaking with a long time bike mechanic we think the bike came from Cali and had work to meet stricter regulations there. I think this is what is causing this issue if they changed something that I haven't looked at yet but maybe not.
XeJive is offline   Reply With Quote