View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2021, 11:24 AM   #52
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well, now....
My parts came in the middle of the biggest storm of the year so far so I let the parts wait till today ! LOL....
I just used the TDC tool and found 38Deg. BTDC with it checked my pointer on the case and it is within a cats hair of being right on it...so that's good.
then I timed the Magnet and got that dead nuts on . and then put a spark plug in the spark plug lead and turned the key on and I kicked it over a few times and I have good spark ! so that problem should be solved forever !
I will strobe time it later after I get it running... just to make sure it's dead on in the timing.
next is carburation... I'll put in the jets I got for both carbs and put them back
on... and then re-assemble the rest of the bike i.e. seat and gas tank
then try starting it.
....so that's the plan there....
it's still quite cold out side and in the shop ( no heat in there)
so I may well put that stuff off a day or two...
..... But things are looking UP for the O'l Girl ....
my Shop is a mess right now and needs a good cleaning as I have been going in there doing 1 thing and running back to the warm house ! it's been too cold to stay in there very long ! LOL...
we had one hellacious wind storm yesterday with 60mph gusts and heavy rain.... but it's back to a light breeze now so it looks like we're through the worst of it.
.... I've been watching Lowbrow customs videos on the triumph and I've learned alot by doing so.... those videos was what prompted me into getting the electronic ignition and get it put on there... the hardest part of the whole install was routing the cold wires ! LOL.... if anyone is thinking of doing the electronic ignition install like I just did on my 1977 Bonneville Triumph 750
I'd say do not attempt it without the TDC tool... it makes every thing so much easier....
later !
Bob........