View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #36
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

Going against the grain and I say "aye"

Done it many times. Plus I am short so I hate doing the whole Austin Powers back up thing. Never dropped the bike on any occasion

I did it all the time on my D675. The easiest bike to do it one so far from my experiences have been 2007-2009 Honda CBR 600RRs. The kickstand on my D675 is made of aluminum and it never broke. The bolts for the kickstand mount are stamped 10.8 so the strength of these bolts are high.

If you want to make it easier (and not dig a divot into the pavement) put a piece of hard plastic under the kickstand (like a kickstand puck). That way you're not side loading the kickstand and it won't snap.

All bikes are different. Sportbikes you can do this because of the relatively balanced weight bias. Tried to do it on my Bonnieville...it's impossible. Did it on my dad's Sprint RS...doable but very hard because there is nothing to grab on to and the weight bias.
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.