View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2023, 07:06 PM   #13
Animal78
ninjette.org member

Name: Larry

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250(sold) 2000 Ninja 250 (sold) 2012 Ninja 250r 2020 Harley Sportster (rarely ridden)

Well so far I have not seen any improvement in fuel mileage. I had a slight drop on the last tank I only managed 48.8mpg. This was just after installing new brake pads though and they were a bit tight at first took a day or two to wear them in. I also went ahead and pulled the chain off the bike to give it a very thorough cleaning and lubing job. We will see tomorrow how it affects my mileage. The one thing staying constant is me at roughly 175-178 pounds in gear with a backpack. I have not altered my riding style at all. I ride pretty much full on when I am able and otherwise I stay steady speeds on the two way roads I travel.

The tach is absolutely way off. At 60 gps indicated and oddly enough my speedometer reads correctly within 1mph of the gps I am nearly 9k on the tach. 70mph pushes it to almost 11k. So I am guessing either the tach is busted or my cdi signal is funky. I may try another cdi soon.
Animal78 is offline   Reply With Quote